Easter Sunday has come and gone, but I want to revisit it since it was such a fun day. The morning started with Anne realizing her Easter Basket had been left out with some goodies inside. She received a Sleeping Beauty Doll with a matching Prince Phillip. Oh my, how exciting! I love this age when everything is magical and mysterious.
Next, our baby discovered the baskets and tried, to no avail, to reach the precious cargo they held. It is hard to be so little. :)
Then Michael and James made their way upstairs to discover their presents. They each received a greatly desired Pokemon card deck and as you can see they were pretty excited.
Baby, having given up on the baskets, decided that the packaging from Anne's dolls was more fun anyway.
After a wonderful morning together we made our way to church to enjoy the meetings. The choir sang Lilies of the Field, which I absolutely love (ever since my little sister, Brenda, sang it at my dad's funeral). We took the Sacrament and were able to remember our Savior. Do we sometimes get in the motions and not fully appreciate how much the Sacrament really means? I know I do.
After church we changed out of our pretty Easter Clothes (oh man, I forgot to take a picture!) and started the preparations for all of our family to come over for dinner. This is our third year having everyone over on Easter Sunday and we love it. From Matt's family we had his parents and his brother Troy and his family. From my family we had my mom, Devin and his family, and Joanne and her family. We managed to fit all of the adults on the carpet and the kids on the hardwood, except for Grandpa Keith, who abligingly sat at the kids' table to make James happy. James really does love his Grandpa Keith so much. All together there were 29 of us and we had a wonderful time visiting, eating good food, and letting the kids run around outside on this beautiful spring day. Who could ask for more?
After church we changed out of our pretty Easter Clothes (oh man, I forgot to take a picture!) and started the preparations for all of our family to come over for dinner. This is our third year having everyone over on Easter Sunday and we love it. From Matt's family we had his parents and his brother Troy and his family. From my family we had my mom, Devin and his family, and Joanne and her family. We managed to fit all of the adults on the carpet and the kids on the hardwood, except for Grandpa Keith, who abligingly sat at the kids' table to make James happy. James really does love his Grandpa Keith so much. All together there were 29 of us and we had a wonderful time visiting, eating good food, and letting the kids run around outside on this beautiful spring day. Who could ask for more?
3 comments:
Sounds like a beautiful day! I spent Easter Sunday sick. Nice huh?
Love you all!
Hey! I recognize some of those people! looks like a nice Easter celebration.
It is so good to see pictures of your family. I miss Joanne and Devin and your mom. When are we ever going to have a family reunion? BTW-I did the collage throw picasa. You can down load it if you go to my blog and click on the rainbow square at the bottom of my latest post. Take care!
Post a Comment