Monday, March 24, 2008

Our Anniversary

Matt and I celebrated our 11th Anniversary this weekend. Hooray for us!!! We hired a young couple to come and stay with our kids so that we could enjoy a night away. So, on friday, we went to dinner at a yummy Italian restaurant down town and then walked a couple blocks to a local bakery where we enjoyed a delicious molten lava chocolate cake and a refreshing piece of lemon meringue pie. After that we went to our hotel and watched Transformers (kinda cheesy) and The Story So Far (a refresher course on the first two seasons of Battlestar Gallactica). We stayed at a really nice hotel and they served breakfast to our room the next morning. Of course Matt enjoyed his breakfast immediately and I waited about an hour before I enjoyed mine as well. We then lounged around all morning and watched O Brother, Where Art Thou?. This movie cracks us both up. We have seen it before and we thoroughly enjoyed watching it again. Then we checked out at noon and headed up to the slopes. The weather was perfect. It was sunny, but not too warm, and so the snow was fabulous! We even conquered our first black diamond run and neither of us fell down!!! All in all it was a perfect celebration of our marriage. I truly could not have asked for better conversation, weather, food, or rest. I feel particularly blessed at this time because things have been so good between Matt and I for the last six months or so. It has taken us a long time to truly appreciate each other and Heavenly Father has been very patient with us. I love Matt tremendously and am grateful for his friendship. One of the things that I loved the most about Matt when we were dating is that he made me want to be a better person... and he still does. Wow, what a blessing to have a partner to experience all of the good and the bad that life throws at you and to know, that no matter what happens, they will always be there. I love you Matt! Happy Anniversary!!!

1 comment:

Anna B. said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I have a whole new outlook on the Anniversary Inn ;-) Did you get my email?