Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Answered Prayers

Philip is ours!!!!!!!!

We just received the call at 9:37 this morning. It was our case worker and she called to say that the committee had decided that Philip belonged in our family! Matt and I looked at each other and we both started to cry and say "yeah!" at the same time. We had kept the boys home from school so that they could hear the news and they were standing right by us when we found out. James jumped in the air and yelled, "Yeah, Philip is ours!" Michael was smiling so huge and we all hugged each other tightly. Anne was sitting in the other room when the call came, but she jumped in the air when she found out that Philip would be her forever brother. Which reminds me, Philip was sound asleep during the entire phone call, completely oblivious that his entire life had changed.

My words are insufficient to express my gratitude to my Heavenly Father. He has guided our hearts and prepared our home for this little boy. I have truly seen miracles in our lives...with our relationships and Philip's development. I know that this little boy was meant to be ours and that Heavenly Father was aware of him and preparing us for him before he was even conceived. I am overwhelmed at Heavenly Father's love for us...all of us. He truly knows us and He is capable of shaping our hearts into so much more then we ever dreamed possible.

Thank you so much to all of our sweet friends and family that have prayed for us during this time. We are so grateful for your love and support. Please know that we have felt your prayers and have been immensely comforted during this entire process.

I am quite literally overcome with joy!

12 comments:

Barbie said...

I am so happy for your family Carol!!!! I know Phillip doesn't realize how his life has changed but one day he will!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anna B. said...

I am so happy Carol! I still am crying when I pause to reconsider the magnitude of this wonderful gift to your family. I love you so much!

Audrey said...

Oh Carol...what a big sigh of relief. I am so happy for you, your family and for him. I can't stop crying for your right now. Uh you must feel the hugest weight off your shoulders. I can't imagine the nervousness you must have felt before you got that phone call. YEAH!!!! CONGRATULATIONS.

Charlotte said...

What words are there to express how I feel? This whole experience has been simply miraculous!!!!
I am so happy for all of us. Love you all of you, TONS. Mom, GC

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Carol & Matt -- you so deserve him in your family. He's such a cutie pie -- now the fun really begins!!

All the best,
Mike & Cassie

No Big Dill said...

HOORAY!

Anna B. said...

I just realized that you need to change your 'profile' description. How exciting!!!

Unknown said...

Whoo-hoo! What a blessing!

Jordan said...

Carol, I am so happy for you and your family. I can't imagine the joy after so much unknown. Congratulations!

Jordan said...

Carol, I am so happy for you and your family. I can't imagine the joy after so much unknown. Congratulations!

Charlotte said...

Thanks for sending me to Audrey Caroline. It's an amazing journey, not so unlike the rest of us, yes? You, too are an example faith and fortitude Love, Mom

Unknown said...

Carol and Matt,
YEAH!! YEAH!! YEAH!! I'm soooooo happy for you all. I can't wait to see Phillip again and all of you.
Love,
Laura