You make me happy when skies are gray.
You never know, dear, how much I love you.
Please don't take my sunshine away.
Anne's Preschool does a Mother's Day Tea every year and I absolutely love it. All of the preschoolers performed a few songs, served their moms a light lunch, and presented each one with their very own necklace, card, and placemat. The placemat Anne made had a picture of us together and the words "I love you mom because...you help me clean my room." So cute!
The card she made had a picture of her on the outside and her handprints on the inside. Also the inside included a beautiful poem that I want to share.
"With these hands I pledge to you
to do the things a child should do
To be gentle and to be kind,
Recognizing my hands came from He who is Divine.
To do the things that make you smile
So you can see Motherhood is so worthwhile
As you teach, lead and guide,
I will be able to recognize
I will be able to mimic you
And do the things your hands can do.
Hold me, hug me, and show me love
Through your hands I'll learn of our Savior above
With this hand, dear Mother, I pledge true
To pass on to my children what I learn from you."
This rang true to me. I am not only raising a daughter, I am raising a Mother. And I want her to have faith and confidence in her Divinely appointed role as Mother. I am not perfect, but I am doing my best and letting the Savior make up the difference. Oh my, I do love you Anne.
3 comments:
So, Cute!! Are you sure she doesn't want to come and live with us? :)
My sunshine too. What a shiney, bright blessing she is to all of us. Love, Mom, GC
What a gorgeous Q-T.
Post a Comment