Saturday, March 20, 2010

Today, I do not want to be a mother...

I slept horribly last night.

In my house, an overly tired mommy equals a crazy mommy.

Unfortunately, when I tried to take a nap, all I heard from my older boys was fighting, and boy oh boy did I ever storm out of my room in an angry fit. I yelled (very loudly) at both of them and sent them to the garage for a time-out. I think perhaps that I was the one who needed a time-out. Anyway, Anne came to find me about 10 minutes later and she had written me a note on her small whiteboard.

It said, "I love you mommy. I know that you are having a bad day and that sometimes you just get angry. Love, Anne"

Oh man!!! How can I be their mother? They are so impressionable and so willing to please me (most of the time) and today I just want to be left alone. I don't want to be in charge of nurturing and disciplining and teaching their sweet minds. And I really don't want to be pregnant. Sorry baby boy, but today I am done with the aches, and the awkwardness, and the fat that has accumulated all over my body.

Tomorrow is a new day and I am sure I will feel much better about my willingness to mother, but for today? I just don't want to do it.

3 comments:

Anna B. said...

I sorry :(

You are a fabulous mom...remember that.

Charlotte said...

Guess what? Decision made. For what it's worth, time is the great healer. To paraphrase President Kimball, families are drudgery, difficult, not to mention diapers, but in them is ecstacy!!!!
Hold on to that promise.

Brenda said...

I COMPLETELY SYMPATHIZE!!!!!!!! It is usually on my knees that I realize....."Man, I didn't do so good today." Hang in there 'Syrup' (hee hee) Love's comin' at ya all the way from here!