Thursday, December 17, 2009

It's a....

BOY!!!
When it came down to it, I just didn't have what it takes to say no to the ultrasound tech when she asked me if I wanted to know the sex of our child. I thought that I would be able to stand firm and wait it out, but knowing that everyone else wanted to find out swayed me a lot and I couldn't resist.

Michael and James were absolutely thrilled to hear the news (with a lot of running around and "woot, woots" going on), but Anne just cried and cried. Not the throwing-a-fit kind of a cry either, the genuine my-heart-just-broke kind of a cry. I reassured her that now she would always be very special in our family because she would be our only girl, to which she responded, "I don't want to be special, I want a sister." :(
My heart aches for her.

On the bright side, the baby now seems much more real to me and I can't wait to decide on a name and decorate his nursery. More to come on that later...

Me at 20 weeks.

9 comments:

Jessica said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you. Now comes the fun part, decorating his room and sewing him things. I wish you the best in everything.

~Jessica Womble

Wesley said...

Congrats Carol!!!

Crysty said...

Congratulations! Poor Anne!

Charlotte said...

Absolutely thrilled! Boy, girl, the blessing of posterity blows me away! So grateful. Love, Mom

Brenda said...

WooHoo!!!!! Four boys! Tell Anne, that we love her and Molly misses her SOOOOOO much!

The Baker's Goods said...

How exciting! It's fun to be doing this together! Too bad we don't live closer together!

Bobbi said...

Congratulations, Carol! He is a lucky boy to get to come to your family.

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS!
HAVE YOU DECIDED ON HIS NAME?

Audrey said...

Congrates Carol. I rememember feeling like Anne when I was a little girl. I feel for her. Poor thing, but congrats to you. Brothers tuffen you up!