Saturday, December 12, 2009

Big Bed for my Baby

I wanted to give Philip a chance to be away from the crib before it was commandeered by our new little one. So, I spent one morning setting up a big bed in his room. He was a very big helper and was so excited to see what all of the commotion was about. Once it was all put together, he jumped around on it and "practiced" sleeping.

Then it was time to take apart his crib.

He sat on his new big bed while I started to dissemble the crib. As he watched he became more and more unsettled and finally started to say "HEY!...HEY!" as each new piece started to come apart. I heard the panic in his voice and reassured him that now he had a big bed. I'm not sure it worked though because the "Heys!" persisted until the entire thing was taken down and put away in the closet under the stairs.

He actually did really well in his new bed. Although he looks soooo little with all of that extra space.



This quilt is courtesy of my mother-in-law who made it approximately 30 years ago when they found out they were leaving hot Arizona for our cold climate. Either it wasn't used very much or it is the best made quilt on earth because it is in pristine condition. Just a good reminder that if you hold onto your stuff for 3 decades then it will be right back in style. :) :) :)



Next up...getting rid of the binkie...

1 comment:

Anna B. said...

Oh my goodness that lil stinker is the cutest thing ever. Love him. Love how 'little' they suddenly look when they are first in a bed.