Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Southern Caribbean Cruise 2009

Day 1: Traveling

After a long day of connecting flights, we decided we were hungry. Dinner at midnight? Sure, why not???

Day 2: San Juan

Old San Juan

Joanne, Anna, and me. I can't tell you how much I love these two women.

Fort at Old San Juan

Cheese! Joanne decided to say Queso instead of cheese since we were in San Juan and her "smile" is the result. Turns out there is a reason why you are supposed to say cheese. We laughed and laughed when we saw this photo.

Our ship wasn't ready to board and so we grabbed some lunch at a restaurant in San Juan.


Day 3: At Sea

The Sanctuary...ahhh relaxation at it's best.

This day at sea was perfect.

Playing Princess

All ready for dinner.

Day 4: Aruba

After our running joke about Queso we actually found a sign that said it and we had to take a picture. Joanne cracks me up.



Phase 10 anyone? Especially enjoyable on a balcony in the Caribbean.




I can't help but feel that Brian got a little SUN!



Day 5: Bonaire

Matt didn't get the memo that we were being sexy. :)






On our way to snorkeling in Bonaire. Truly the best snorkeling we have ever experienced. There was a reef wall that completely dropped off into deep ocean. Very surreal feeling.


Killing time in Bonaire.






Day 6: Grenada

On our way to Seven Sisters Waterfalls.


Hiking to Seven Sisters in Grenada...poor Anna had a horrible wound on her foot and the mud didn't help. Everyone was a good sport even though Mike and I were the only ones who hiked to the actual waterfalls.

Seven Sisters is a series of seven waterfalls. You have to climb up a narrow path in the jungle (by literally grabbing at roots and hauling yourself up) to access the first waterfall. Matt and I did this same hike by ourselves in 2008 and while I couldn't wait to do the big jump at the end, Matt was NOT doing that again...EVER. Mike however thought it sounded fun and so he and I made the hike to the top and jumped the previous smaller waterfalls in order to make our way to the BIG 40 foot waterfall at the end. Mike went first...


Here I go...

I screamed really loudly when I went. :)


Yahoo!!!

Hooray! We did it!!!

Matt won a free men's shave at the Spa and his skin was silky smooth.



Day 7: Dominica
Check out the muscles on my man!


Hiking in Dominica...I absolutely loved this island and I can't wait to go back.


After swimming up Titou Gorge.

Day 8: St. Thomas
Matt and I with the Caribbean Princess in the background.
What a memorable and fun vacation we had!

2 comments:

Anna B. said...

What a fun time we had!

And while you are gorgeous and skinnier.........I, sadly, am not!

HOLY COW...what happened to me???

Love you.

When are we going again???

Brenda said...

Again, that looked like so much fun. All I have to say is, you and Mike are CRAZY! Love you tons!