I had braces when I was a teenager and while my teeth are nowhere near as bad as they were when I was a kid, they had shifted and it bugged me. So, for the last 13 months I have endured braces on my teeth and while it was not fun, it definitely was not as bad as I remember them as a kid. (This may have something to do with my liberal use of Ibuprofen and my much improved dental hygiene.) :)
Matt and I had a cruise planned at the end of January and we were going with friends and my sister and brother-in-law. You guessed it...my orthodontist. So, for the last 4 or 5 months I have been giving him a hard time and telling him that he had until our trip to get my teeth straight or he was gonna have to hear me whining the entire vacation. Have you ever tried snorkeling with braces on your teeth? You can't bite down correctly on the mouthpiece and it is NOT enjoyable.
So, two days before we left on our sunny vacation, my braces were removed and I LOVE my teeth. I smiled and smiled and smiled for days on end. Thank you Mike (my handy and very kind ortho)...I am one happy customer.
This picture was taken in San Juan while we were on the aforementioned vacation. I have a lot more pics to share from this trip and also (if I can figure it out) a video of me and Mike (orthodontist extraordinaire) jumping off a 40 foot waterfall. Soooo fun!!!
8 comments:
You look SOOO fantastic.. Isn't it great to have connections in the dental department :) It was fun to see you the last 2 Sundays.. spread the word about me Vacation Nannying will ya!!
Megs
Oh my goodness! I was all intent to leave a comment about the gorgeousity (yes, that's a word) of your teeth...admittedly, they were gorgeous before. But, now.....LOOK OUT BABY!! Smokin'!
But I am all afluster (not sure if that's a word) about Meg doing vacation nannying. YEEHAW!! That is exciting news.
Wow- look at those pearly whites. As a dentist daughter I am programed to notice gorgeous teeth and those choppers you've got are quite a fine set. Beautiful work Mike.
Beautiful!!!
PICTURE PERFECT!
Oh I do love fresh teeth when braces come off! I want to get braces again too--like you, there has been shifting and it bugs me...
I'd love to see your cruise pics too--hope those are coming soon!
Hey Carol, this is Richelle Palfreyman White, I was on Krazy Coupon Lady searching for old navy deals and saw your remarks so I came to check out your blog..hope you don't mind. But I wanted to say a HUGE thank you!! I didn't realize you adopted Phillip or the path that lead you to him! What an amazing and inspiring story. Thanks a million for sharing! It's touched me in an amazing way!
Seriously, how long are you gonna let the word 'teeth' be the lead in to your awesome family blog? Ummm....I think you have a plethora (look it up, it's a read word) of things to talk about my sweet gregarious (also a word) friend. No need to wax too ubiquitous (mmmhhmmm...another real word...though it's correct usage is in doubt).
Come on.....bring on the cruise info....the life info....the kid cuteness...the husband studliness....the poopy sickness...I AM READY!@
Post a Comment