Thursday, March 12, 2009

Curious?

I am a mormon.

My relationship with God, Jesus Christ, and The Holy Ghost are more important to me than I can express. I have a testimony that Jesus Christ died for me and that He was resurrected. I KNOW that He lives. I believe that families can be together forever...even after we have left this life. I believe that the temple is a place where we can be sealed together forever. I know these things because I have prayed about their truthfulness and I have received a personal witness that they are true.

I recently discovered that a dying television program will be discussing (and showing) our temples in an episode. I am saddened to hear this and realize that it is only a ploy for ratings, but I am concerned about all those people that may see it and not understand the other side of the story.

I found this video and it helps describe why we (as mormons) build temples and some of the work that we do there. I know that there are a lot of you that read my blog, but do not share my faith. I respect you and I hope that you respect me too. Please take 3 minutes out of your day to watch this. If nothing else, it will give you a better understanding of some of your neighbors and friends.

If you have any questions, please leave me a comment and I will do my best to answer them. You can even question me anonymously if that makes you more comfortable.

All my love,
Carol

Please click here to see the video.

3 comments:

Anna B. said...

Just one comment.

I share your faith and I am so grateful for your willingness to share it with others. I am grateful for your testimony. I am grateful for your commitment to doing that which is right. I am grateful for your courage.

I love you.

(OK, so that was more than one)

Jolyn Buhrley said...

Ditto to everything Miss Anna B said.
And... I love you too.

Charlotte said...

I love you too. You are a blessing in more ways than can be listed. Thanks for being who and how you are. Love forever,M