Monday, June 2, 2008

Flu

We've had the stomach flu at this house. Me, Matt, Anne, and Philip. Need I say more?
Yuckah!!!
I just found out this morning that my mom and my sister (along with her kids) have had it this weekend as well. Oh man, if there is one thing I truly hate, it is being nauseous. Luckily, mine hit before Matt's did and so Matt was able to be home with the kids and do ALL of the work while I laid in our bed for 18 hours straight. Today I feel much better. Not all better, but much better.
So, today I am thankful.
I am thankful for my healthy body.
I am thankful for a husband and mom who so willingly serve.
I am thankful for a tummy that is calm and not bloated out to kingdom-come.
I am thankful for warm showers that wash away all of the 'sick' smell.
I am thankful for washing machines, paper towels, big tupperware bowls, and extra outfits.
I am thankful to be out of bed.
I am thankful for binkies. This seems to be the only thing that has helped Philip while he has been suffering through the same bug.
I am thankful for my bodies' ability to heal. When you stop to think about it, it truly is a miracle.
I am thankful.

4 comments:

Barbie said...

I am thankful you are feeling better! Nothing worse than being sick and four of you is just BAD.

Anna B. said...

I am thankful you are feeling better too. You sounded so much more....you....on the phone. I am so grateful.

Anna B. said...

What happened to Angie's blog? It's not there anymore!! Maybe my comment scared her away.

Is it Thursday yet?

Hermana Cooley said...

okay, totally dumb, but when i was reading this, i thought it said "i'm thankful for bikinis because they helped philip" and i thought...what the heck is my sick aunt doing in a bikini? is she posing for philip? is he calming down while she does the aformentioned posing? AH! then after much rereading, i realized that there were no bikinis, but instead binkies, for which i am also grateful