This last year with Philip has been filled with triumphant highs and desperate lows. He is our leap-of-faith baby and I am so grateful that we took that leap. No matter what, I hope that he knows how much he is loved and that God designed for him to be in our family. Heavenly Father led our hearts to Philip before he was even conceived by his birth parents. When I look back at our path to him, I am in awe of the perfect timing of it. Heavenly Father knew us and all of our trials and He was preparing us for this perfect little boy.
We love you so much Philip and we are privileged to have you in our family.
Happy Birthday!!!
Isn't he cute?
It is hard to be patient when you are waiting for birthday cake!
None of my babies have ever devoured their cake as quickly as Philip did. He certainly seems to be a pro.
Matt, Michael, James, Anne, and Philip
James and Philip
Anne and Philip
Mommy doing her best to wash off all of the goo.
I forgot to take a before picture, but I made a yellow cake with homemade chocolate icing. It had one tiny candle in the middle.
Surprisingly, Philip didn't want very much milk that night. I think it may have had something to do with the enormous quantity of cake he had just consumed. :) :) :)
Goodnight our little one year old. We love you!!!
8 comments:
Happy Birthday to sweet Philip!! I can hardly believe it has been a year either. Amazing. Heavenly Father's plans are so much better than our own!!
Oh my goodness, can it truly be? Carol, Matt, Michael, James Anne and now Philip. You've each been a blessing to me and my daily prayer is that I will be an influence for good for each of you as you meet your lifes' challenges. I have no doubt that Philip was intended to be where he is. What a blessing for him and for his family. Love, Mom, GC
Oh, how wonderful to be able to celebrate such a great day! Happy 1st birthday Philip!! You are one blessed little boy.
I love Anne's little "bunny pose" in one of the pics.
Happy Birthday Philip. You are a very handsome boy.
Found your blog through Barbi's..
What a beautiful post. Teared up on that one. You have a beautiful family. You are one blessed mama!
Blessings!
:)
Amie
OK, I have decided that you seriously need a new post.
;-)
Love you. It was fun today at the park. I only wish I had actually gotten to go on a ride with you!!!
Carol! Hello, hello :) Just finding the trail of blog links to my very own cousins--how fun! I have to admit that I read and read and read...when I found your blog--and it has been so inspiring and wonderful to hear about your journey with foster care and adoption. And to see your beautiful family too--I just love it. Now I need to check in on miss Audrey (from your link ;)
And HB to your baby boy!
Post a Comment