Saturday, July 24, 2010

Yesterday, while on a short road trip

Anne and James were teasing each other and, much to my frustration, Anne kept tattling on everything James was doing.

Finally Anne yelled out, "Mom, James just said that he hates me."

In hopes that they could resolve this issue on their own, I replied, "Don't tell me about it Anne, talk to James."

At which point, Anne turned to James and said very quietly "I hate you too James."

I know that I should have been mad that Anne chose to handle the situation in that manner, but honestly it just made me laugh and laugh and laugh.

3 comments:

Jolyn Buhrley said...

Way to go! So much better to laugh then freak out about things that come out of our kids mouths...hmmm, if only I could do this more often!:) Siblings are a great practice field to see what will and won't work, I guess we should let them practice. :)

Brenda said...

I agree with Boise Buhrley's, I need to laugh at that stuff more often. I remember 'hating' you everyonce in a while when we were little and now look.... you are one of my best friends. Thanks for being my 'practice field.'

Charlotte said...

There's honesty for you! But she loves him too, be assured. Love from me too