Thursday, June 24, 2010

Six Things I Miss About My Dad...

on the sixth anniversary of his passing.

Posted by Picasa

1. His knowledge of everything mechanical...he knew how everything worked and there wasn't anything that he couldn't fix (or clean for that matter).

2. His love for my mom...my little sister Brenda and I used to fight over who got to sit by mom because we both knew that Dad would always get the other side.

3. His faith...one of dad's favorite scriptures is found in Job 19:25-26 "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God."

4. His work ethic...he taught me that if something was worth doing, it was worth doing right...the first time.

5. His love of travel...we used to always stop at the most unique places so that a road trip would become memorable. We didn't have a lot of money when I grew up, but vacations were always a priority...even if we had to drive the whole way to California just to go to Disneyland for one day and then drive back home.

6. His love of the arts...dad loved music, plays, movies, art, good books, etc... Matt went to a concert last week and Devin commented that Dad would have loved to have joined him. Devin was right.

I miss you dad.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

I absolutely loved and appreciated this post. I miss him too.

Charlotte said...

What a jolt! When his face suddenly filled my screen, it was like he was here in the flesh. I liked the things you miss about him, and, yes, I miss him more than I ever thought I would. All the negatives have faded and his stellar attributes are what I remember.
Thanks for the memories.
Love you so much. . .

Anna B. said...

How about six things I love about your dad??

1. Laura
2. Linda
3. Devin
4. Joanne
5. CAROL
6. Brenda

Only a great man could produce such an amazing group of children!

No Big Dill said...

I miss him as well. Both he and grandma. I think I was just beginning to appreciate their eccentricities when they each passed away.

He did leave some pretty incredible posterity, though:)