Friday, April 2, 2010

We think we'll name him Bruiser

I had an ultrasound last week to check the size of our baby boy. Turns out I am not imagining things...this kid is huge. Well, at least his head is huge. He is currently measuring off of the charts for his gestational age. At 34 weeks, his head measured 35.84cm. My boys heads were only 35.5cm at birth...full term. If he continues on this growth pattern then his head will be around 39cm at birth.

Oh boy!!! What ever am I going to do???

My regular doctor has been out of town the past few weeks, but I will be able to see her next week at my appointment. Until then, the doctors have informed me that I will need to consider "other methods of delivery". This may make me selfish, but I do not want a C-Section for my very last baby, nor do I want to be torn apart down yonder.

Please pray for an early delivery.


Posted by Picasa


Said head.
He was sucking on his arm (top left of the picture) during the ultrasound...soooo cute!

4 comments:

Anna B. said...

Oh my! Makes me want to cross my legs and hold my stomach just thinking about it.

I am sure Heavenly Father has a great plan for this little one's arrival. What a sacrifice from his awesome mom!!!

Amy said...

C-sections are okay. Actually there are a lot of upsides to them.

Brenda said...

Oh Carol. I'm with Anna on this. I will pray for you though! BIG HUGS from your little sis'

Amy said...

I was back at work four weeks after my c-section. I felt fairly well healed after 2 weeks though. c-sections are good. I don't have anything to compare it to, however. But you get to pick the birth date.