Thursday, February 18, 2010

Cruise Extravaganza: Part 1

Day 1: Fort Lauderdale

After an uneventful (meaning good) day of traveling, we arrived in Fort Lauderdale at midnight just in time to catch our free shuttle to our hotel. It was the perfect place for us...clean, cheap ($70 on Priceline), comfortable, and convenient. The hotel offered a free shuttle from the airport and a free shuttle to the ship, as well as a yummy free breakfast.

Here we go...Tony, Krishel, Brian, Anna, Me and Matt


On the deck at the Sailaway party. Matt forgot to pack day clothes for our trip...he was a little preoccupied with work before we left...so we found a local Ross and bought him this new outfit. Carol in her please-don't-notice-how-pregnant-I-am (and therefore let me board this ship) shirt and Matt in his new duds.

Matt, Carol, Janeal, Joachim, Cassie, and Mike


The Spa always does a free giveaway on the day of sailing. This year, if you won, you had to dance in front of everyone. Brian won a free scalp massage, but he was not so enthusiastic about showing his dancing skills in front of an audience. The compromise...he had to show us his muscles instead. If you know Brian at all, then you know that this picture is hilarious and rare.



Day 2: At Sea
We started the morning off great with a workout in the gym. I ran two and a half miles, though I didn't think I still had it in me at this point in the pregnancy and my running shirt kept riding up over my big belly...very sexy. :) Then, after a yummy breakfast, we spent a very relaxing day reading, listening to music, and napping in our comfy loungers in the Sanctuary on deck.

That night was formal night and I got to dress up like a princess...harder to do, I must say, when you are six months pregnant. But we clean up nice...no?

Thank you Anna for lending me your beautiful gown and jewelry.

All in all, it was a great start to our vacation together.

To see pictures of our Cruise from 2009...and a much skinnier me...please go here. It's sad, I know, but I just posted them.

2 comments:

Anna B. said...

That picture of my husband is priceless!!! Oh my goodness :)

You looked absolutely gorgeous on formal night! Happy to help. But a dress can only go so far on a person....it's the person under the dress that is so stinkin' cute!

Good times!! Love you.

Brenda said...

Augh! How fun! It is so cold here and so I was trying to feel the warmth through your pictures. Love it! I miss you so dang stinckin' much!