1- Get the book nearest to you, or one that you are currently reading that is over 123 pages.
2-Go to page 123.
3-Find the 5th sentence.
4-Post the 5th sentence.
5- Tag 5 people.
My cousin Audge book tagged me over a month ago and I have been a slacker and not continued the tagging. Better late then never I say (actually I am not the one that said this, but I think it goes without saying that everyone likes to say it as theirs) :) :) :)
I digress...I am currently obsessed with the Twilight Saga and have read all of the books twice as well as every ounce of extra writing on Stephenie's website. The fourth book in the series, Breaking Dawn, comes out on August 2nd and I am literally counting down the days. Anyway, when I was on her site, she mentioned some of her favorite heroines of all time and one of them is my personal favorite as well. In fact, I love this character so much that I named my daughter after her. I'll give you a hint...her name ends in an e because without the e on the end, it would look "dreadful".
You guessed it...Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables. I loved these movies growing up, but I didn't ever read the series until I was a mother and I absolutely adored them. It has been around 8 years since I read them last, so I thought my sweet Anne deserved a re-reading. So, if you flip to page 123 and go down five sentences, this is the descriptive one you get...
"The orchard, with its great sweeping boughs that bent to the ground with fruit, proved so delightful that the little girls spent most of the afternoon in it, sitting in a grassy corner where the frost had spared the green and the mellow autumn sunshine lingered warmly, eating apples and talking as hard as they could."
Whoooh! Now, that's a sentence!!!
I tag Angie, Anna, Barbie, Carrie, and Jacob. Make sure you leave me a comment when you finish so that I can see the exciting books that you are reading. :)
Project Run & Play Repeat!
9 years ago
4 comments:
That was great Carol.
Loved reading your post. Lauren loves those books too. I posted the book tag on my blog if you want to check it out!
I love, love, love Anne of Green Gables. And twilight, too. I will be the first in line for breaking dawn at my local B&N. Audge tagged me to, but I didn't do it because the book I was reading (A Tree Grows in Brooklyn) didn't have a page 123. How lame is that!
I actually did it!
Post a Comment