Friday, June 4, 2010

Perspective

The human body is absolutely amazing and I feel truly blessed to have the ability to create and carry life. This baby took us a year and a half to conceive and I wasn't sure if it was ever going to happen again. I prayed and prayed for this child and was overjoyed when I finally got pregnant.

Then the reality of the pregnancy took hold...morning sickness, tired, achey, moody, and fat... and I turned into a big whiner. And now that it is all over? I feel extremely grateful for the opportunity to have carried Sam and I can't quite figure out why I thought it was so hard.



Perspective is a funny thing.



13 weeks


20 weeks

31 weeks

While in early labor, I had the state of mind to change clothes and get one last shot of my impressive belly. This photo was taken 10 hours before Sam was born.

37 weeks and 5 days



2 days after Sam was born.

Sorry about the pasty face, but I had a gnarly headache from my epidural and makeup was not on my to-do list. :)

2 comments:

Anna B. said...

I know you felt yucky throughout the pregnancy...but you honestly never waivered from your beautiful self. I think my resurrected body may look like you :)

Brenda said...

Honestly the only thing I thought of when I saw those pictures are "Oh man, that is going to be me in a few months." I too need to keep a positive perspective. Love you!