I can finally see it.
Our journey to adoption is finally coming to a close. We are officially counting down weeks instead of months. Today I took the notarized copy of our Petition to Adopt to our attorney. We have waited and waited for the paperwork to all fall into place so that we could finally file our Petition...and now it is done. Hooray!!!
We still have about 3 to 4 weeks of waiting left, but then we will be able to stand in front of the county judge and promise to love Philip as our own. Then, even more significantly, we will be able to take him to the Holy Temple where we will be sealed to him for time and all eternity. Philip will be ours in every sense of the word.
I am overwhelmed with gratitude. I am accutely aware of Heavenly Father's love for me and my family. I am so grateful that He led us to adoption and that we were willing to follow. I can only hope that I will be willing to follow His lead in other aspects of my life as well. His plan is perfect...I just need to be willing to submit.
Project Run & Play Repeat!
9 years ago
5 comments:
I am still in awe at the grand plan Heavenly Father has in store for you. I am so very happy that the journey to make Phillip yours forever is nearly complete. I can't wait to see you all in the temple together. We love you all so much!!
How exciting Carol! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Carol that is so great, congratulations super-cool-cousin!
I am so glad you are nearing the end. I have really loved reading about this journey and how often you followed the Spirit and made amazing leaps of faith for your family. What a blessing for your darling baby boy to get to be yours forever (soon!). Good luck with all that is left!
Hurrah! I'm so happy that you are nearing the end of the paper chase. How wonderful that you can go to the temple soon. We're planning to have Abby sealed to us in October. We wanted to wait until she was a little more settled and we finally feel like she's ready. We're so excited. What a fabulous adoption bonus to be able to have that experience as a family. Can't wait to see your photos!
Post a Comment