Friday, August 15, 2008

Exhausted

Our present to Anne for her birthday this year was a trip to Build-a-Bear, where I told her she could pick out any of the stuffed animals for her birthday. She has been there once before for a friends' birthday and she has absolutely loved the Hello Kitty she received. Also, the box (house) that it came in has entertained her for hours and hours because she has water-color painted the entire thing...inside and out.

One day we had a free afternoon and so Anne and I headed off to Build-a-Bear...just the two of us. A rare occasion around here. I haven't ever been there before, but I had heard it was really cute. When we got there, I pointed out all of the darling stuffed bears and bunnies, but Anne was determined to get what I would describe as the least cuddly looking one in the bunch. She thought it was perfection though, so what could I say? We waited and waited and waited to get her chosen dog stuffed (it took about 45 minutes to get through the line). Then we printed the birth certificate for "Wolfy" and headed to the checkout counter. We decided not to purchase clothes for the dog or else it would have taken much longer. Overall the trip was fun because Anne and I were alone together and the store really is darling, just make sure you have a lot of time on your hands when you go there.

Anyway, on the way home I noticed that Anne was really quiet, so I looked back and discovered she had fallen sound asleep. This is a RARE occasion for Anne so I had Matt take a picture of her once we pulled into the garage. Apparently bear (or dog) building is exhausting work!!!


Darn it! She really is so cute!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lEvery child needs a stuffed dog (or a real one) and a good nap. . . What a sweet memory. Love both of you so much. . .